- Telephone 0131 228 8269
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 11am–10pm; Fri & Sat 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £7.70 (evening meal)
- Website www.pintomexican.com
Previously Pinto's Mexican Kitchen, this recently re-branded fast food Mexican joint is primarily geared towards takeaway and delivery, but has plenty of seats and a small selection of alcoholic drinks.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Formerly Pinto Mexican Kitchen, the two Edinburgh branches of this fun, fast and friendly Mexican burrito bar were taken over by Barburrito towards the end of 2015. The focus remains on street food that is fresh, quick and easy to order. Everything is prepared in front of you by amiable and enthusiastic staff. On offer are quesadillas, tacos, nachos and burritos (with or without tortilla), with a choice of fillings from grilled halal chicken, pulled pork, grilled steak, spicy shredded beef or vegetarian. Add to that your choice of vegetable toppings and salsa which ranges from a mild pico de gallo to the extra hot 'mule kick'r'. Crisp tacos come stuffed with chicken, all the trimmings and finely grated cheese, and a slightly under-toasted quesadilla is fit to burst with succulent pulled pork. Although primarily a takeaway and delivery restaurant, there's plenty of space to sit and there's a small selection of alcoholic drinks on offer, including the obligatory Corona with lime wedge.
- High point: Fast, friendly service
- Low point: The napkins are tiny
- Delivery: £2.50
- Private dining: Up to 44 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 60
- Open since: 2014