Trendy burger joint offering locally sourced produce, including dairy, gluten and meat-free options.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With a philosophy of sourcing produce locally, from their tasty brioche buns to their Stirlingshire beef, Burger are updating the fast food experience. The interior has a trendy diner feel to it, with wooden tables, teal-green seats and upbeat music on the stereo. It’s great to find dairy and gluten-free options on offer combined with an ethical hat: all their packaging is 100% recyclable. With branches in both Fountainbridge and Shandwick Place you’ll find an enticing selection of toppings and sauces to let you build your own unique burger or hot dog creation - from beef chilli to spiced black beans to grilled onions. Combine that with the wealth of sides on offer from cheese fries to chipotle slaw and you’ll find yourself with a table covered in bowls and sauce pots, and perhaps longing for a plate rather than just a metal tray. Take advantage of the specials which change every two weeks and try the homemade milkshakes (also available with a choice of toppings) which are thick, tasty and indulgent.
- High point: Local sourcing and wealth of gluten, dairy and meat-free options
- Low point: The chipotle slaw is overwhelming, even between two
- Notable dish: Cheese burger with Burger sauce
- Delivery: Deliveroo, https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/dean-village/burger
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 70s funk through to contemporary pop
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100 - private hire available
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle