The Caffeine Drip
South African coffee house and bakery in the West End, serving freshly made food with many vegan options.
There’s a friendly welcome at this quirky South African café in the West End, featuring vibrant orange, rustic timber and hessian coffee sack lined walls. Innovative breakfast and lunch menus offer something different from the norm, with interesting vegan dishes in particular (though there is still plenty of choice if you fancy something meat-based). The West End Signature vegan burger is sure to satisfy anyone; smoky, moist and meaty, with the unusual addition of pulled BBQ jackfruit. The halloumi, avocado and lime salad is tasty, if not quite as satisfying, especially with a side of crisp, well-seasoned sweet potato fries. Be sure to leave room for afters; the range of coffee and home-baking is vast, including curious options like vegan beetroot latte.
- High point: Lots of choice for all kinds of diets
- Low point: Jam-packed menu may make your head spin
- Notable dish: West End Signature vegan burger
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Reggae and soul, South African music
- Capacity: 55 (4 outdoors)
- Open since: 2014