The Crafty Pig
Subtitling itself as a 'Brewhouse and Smoke Pit', the Crafty Pig is the latest development from Glasgow-based Kained Holdings, the bunch behind The Finnieston on Argyle Street, Lebowski’s in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and the previous occupant of this Kelvinbridge site, the Little Urban Achievers Club. The bar will serve 14 draught craft beers on rotation, over 60 bottled craft beers, local cask ales and a large range of tequilas and rums, while food focuses on slow-cooked smoked meats including ribs, 16-hour smoked pulled pork, handmade burgers (with beef sourced from a Lanarkshire farm) and half-metre pizzas.
Taking their passion for quality produce and on-trend drinks, the team behind Lebowskis and Porter & Rye have created a haven for sport, beer and the sort of food that any self-respecting diner will dig into sans cutlery. The menu is packed with American favourites, from sloppy burgers to topped dogs and sticky wings (in nine varieties) and ribs. There's plenty of flavour in the smoked beans-topped Dog, and sides such as eye-watering hot poppers are well worth adding to the order. Over 50 beers are on offer, along with a range of Boilermakers, allowing punters to try a half pint with a matching whisky. If that's not your thing, try a boozy milkshake – there's even a bacon-flavoured concoction. A glut of TV screens show all manner of sport, and you can even participate on one of the pool tables to the rear.
- High point: Boilermakers – novel combo for whisky and beer fans
- Low point: Too many TVs
- Notable dish: Redneck beer burger
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Sport (from TV), indie rock
- Live entertainment: Thursday quiz, plus monthly DJ
- Capacity: 80-100
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2014 September
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16 (£8 when on offer) per bottle