The Rum Shack
- Telephone 0141 237 4432
- Opening times Daily: 11am–midnight.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.rumshackglasgow.com
Not even just a little bit of the Caribbean in the Southside The Rum Shack is either the new reason to go to the Southside or your new favourite neighbourhood bar.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Considering it's been trading for just over a year and a half, Rum Shack is impressively efficient at offering its burgeoning clientele the best Caribbean fare in the city. As you would expect, there are scads of great rum (104, in fact) with Red Leg and apple juice a particularly refreshing alternative to any tired old Cuba Libre. Beers are wonderfully sourced, such as Stag from Trinidad, but where this bar really wins though is in its authentic Caribbean menu. Showing real diversity across the islands, starters of Accra salt fish sit alongside popcorn prawns while mains of marinated jerk, salmon, chicken and pork compete with the sublime goat curry. Making damn sure to cover all bases, the Rum Shack also sports a vibrant beer garden and nights in its downstairs venue where even the great Peter Tosh would’ve loved to party.
- High point: The curry goat is life affirming
- Low point: Furniture is a bit mismatched
- Notable dish: Jerk Salmon
- Private dining: 270 downstairs in cub.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Reggae
- Live entertainment: Live music six nights a week, mainly reggae or acoustic mid week.
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 28
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £15 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Energetic reggae/ska and dub band from South East London perform tracks from their debut album, Skinna.
The Gatsby Speakeasy
Dress to impress at this speakeasy night. Booking is essential.