Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill
- Telephone 0141 226 7726
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon-midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Sun 12.30–3pm, 5–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri 12.30–6.30pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £24 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £18.95
- Website www.mpwsteakhouseglasgow.com
Great meats and wines under the watchful gaze of a certain celebrity chef at this plush city centre steakhouse, bar and grill.
Located within Hotel Indigo, this bar and grill with its crisp linens and red leather booths is a confident fusion of fine dining and gastro pub. The menu is a reflection of Marco’s commitment to serving high-quality traditional food without pretension – think steaks and straightforward classics like cod and chips and baked camembert. Starters include a generous portion of devilled whitebait – crisp with an intense tang of mustard and sharp lemon, while prawn cocktail is served with an ocean’s worth of fresh pink prawns in a sauce that manages to be velvety smooth but with a heat, hidden beneath the fluffy marie-rose. An impressive steak selection dominates the mains – a sirloin oozing chargrill-flavoured juices, mingling with an earthy wild mushroom sauce, while the chicken Kiev, with a volcano of garlic butter erupting as the crisp bread-crumbed fillet is sliced might be retro, but there’s no beating a classic for comforting, familiar flavours. The food is enhanced by the knowledgeable staff who are genuinely interested in advising on selecting a great wine from the impressive list.
- No. overnight rooms: 94
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: soft, easy listening
- Live entertainment: open mic nights, DJ on Friday nights
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £19 per bottle
Reviews & features
Restaurant review: Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill13 Nov 2014
Emphasis on local quality food sourcing and friendly staff set venue apart
It’s 15 years since he left the kitchen, but Marco Pierre White is still a culinary name that gets a reaction. Now the great man (via one of his franchise businesses) has put his name to the Indigo Hotel’s restaurant. Photos of MPW (brooding, reclining…
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.