- Telephone 0131 225 4186
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Late licence at Christmas and Edinburgh Festival – 3am (mostly used at weekends).
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Tue–Sat 12.30–8.30pm. No food Sun/Mon.
- Average price £7 (lunch); £7 (evening meal)
- Website theparadisepalms.com
Green Arts Initiative
Good-time cocktail lounge vibe in the heart of student land, where vegetarian soul food has spirit, as do the drinks.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Paradise Palms’ neon signs, disco balls and cocktail lounge vibe may transport you back to the beautifully tasteless 80s, but there’s nothing flavourless about the menu. Both drinks and food are carefully considered and the staff are passionate about sharing their favourite dishes, hot sauces and drinks. Choosing between the cocktails is a tough job, but is aided by enlightening descriptions. The bright blue Miami Nice is, as the menu promises, like a kiss from Don Johnson and the Buckfast Daiquiri will take your taste buds on a trip. With regular DJs and cabaret nights, this is a party bar for more than just the local students and the vegetarian (and often vegan) menu introduced in early 2016 is a far cry from the rabbit food stereotype. The corn fritters could rival the mighty bacon roll in curing a hangover and the nachos are piled high with fresh salsa and flavour.
- High point: They even manage to make Buckfast taste good
- Low point: Food only served until 8.30pm, so get there early
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funky, upbeat tunes
- Live entertainment: DJs, live bands, monthly cabaret and other one-off events
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 25–30
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £11 per bottle
There are 8 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Scottish dance music pioneers mixing post-punk and Krautrock influences with Balearic house beats.
The Intergalactic Funk Smugglers
Smuggling funk across the galaxy to bring you techno, disco and house to help you 'dance Uranus into a black hole'.
Bingo with a twist – instead of matching numbers to ball, match songs to artists to win prizes.
Local music lineups.
Offbeat vinyl selections from in-house curators Percy Main, Andrea Montalto and guests
Percy Main Social Club
Monthly social with Percy Main and pals, with disco tunes, plus boogie and gospel.
Primitive Painters: Draw The Line – High Rise
Life drawing session inspired by the work of JG Ballard. Dystoperriffic!
Reviews & features
Paradise Palms announces record shop and label4 Nov 2015
'When you dig a little deeper you find a wealth of creatives.'
‘You’re not going to find much above ground with Edinburgh Council so lacking in integrity, vision or enterprise but when you dig a little deeper you find a wealth of creatives, performers, artists, makers and musicians.’ One of Edinburgh’s newest…