- Telephone 0131 225 4186
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Late licence at Christmas and Edinburgh Festival – 3am (mostly used at weekends).
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Tue–Sat 12.30–8.30pm. No food Sun/Mon.
- Average price £7 (lunch); £7 (evening meal)
- Website theparadisepalms.com
Good-time cocktail lounge vibe in the heart of student land, where vegetarian soul food has spirit, as do the drinks.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Paradise Palms’ neon signs, disco balls and cocktail lounge vibe may transport you back to the beautifully tasteless 80s, but there’s nothing flavourless about the menu. Both drinks and food are carefully considered and the staff are passionate about sharing their favourite dishes, hot sauces and drinks. Choosing between the cocktails is a tough job, but is aided by enlightening descriptions. The bright blue Miami Nice is, as the menu promises, like a kiss from Don Johnson and the Buckfast Daiquiri will take your taste buds on a trip. With regular DJs and cabaret nights, this is a party bar for more than just the local students and the vegetarian (and often vegan) menu introduced in early 2016 is a far cry from the rabbit food stereotype. The corn fritters could rival the mighty bacon roll in curing a hangover and the nachos are piled high with fresh salsa and flavour.
- High point: They even manage to make Buckfast taste good
- Low point: Food only served until 8.30pm, so get there early
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funky, upbeat tunes
- Live entertainment: DJs, live bands, monthly cabaret and other one-off events
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 25–30
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £11 per bottle
There are 8 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Eclectic mix of styles from pioneering producer/DJ Justin Edwards.
A disco, funk and electronica mash.
Offbeat vinyl selections from in-house curators Percy Main, Andrea Montalto and guests
Percy Main Social Club
Monthly social with Percy Main and pals, with disco tunes, plus boogie and gospel.
A gang of modern day renaissance girls and guys. We are guardians of imagery, artists, designers, makers, philosophers and flappers. Come join us, create. And make something that didn't exist until you made it. Resident on Sunday and Monday at Paradise Palms -purveyors of tropical tipples, titbits exotica and…
Sun 22 Jan
Primitive Painters: Draw The Line – High Rise
Life drawing session inspired by the work of JG Ballard. Dystoperriffic!
Primitive Painters: Repeat Pleasure – Screen Printing Workshop
Sun 22 Jan
£15 admits one and includes the ticketing sites admin charge / 0131 225 4186
Tropical beats, jazz, funk and world music.
Reviews & features
Paradise Palms announces record shop and label4 Nov 2015
'When you dig a little deeper you find a wealth of creatives.'
‘You’re not going to find much above ground with Edinburgh Council so lacking in integrity, vision or enterprise but when you dig a little deeper you find a wealth of creatives, performers, artists, makers and musicians.’ One of Edinburgh’s newest…