- Telephone 0131 225 4186
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: late licence
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website theparadisepalms.com
Good-time cocktail lounge vibe which goes beyond student land. The vegetarian soul food has spirit, as do the drinks.
The décor of this cocktail bar, record shop and music venue is kitschy, 80s and tiki – sort of like a cocktail decoration itself. There are (slightly disturbing) teddy bears strung up over the bar and lots of fairy lights and fake plants. It’s fun just reading the cocktail menu, with drinks like a Miami Nice, Snozzcumber Sour and Lady Garden, though sharing a teapot (‘No drinking from the spout, please’) is recommended. The vegetarian/vegan soul food lines the stomach with carbs and cheese. Meat substitute seitan dominates, like in the Philly cheese steak – seitan strips and fried onion on sourdough with smoked applewood and chipotle cheese sauce. Delicious and filling, especially with lucky spice (paprika) fries. Grab a bite before kicking back with the house DJ, poetry nights, live band or speed-dating with an eclectic crowd who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 80s, eclectic
- Live entertainment: DJs, live bands, cabaret, speed dating (on the 14th of the month), poetry, live stream to YouTube channel on a Thursday
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 25 for food, 40 for drinks and snacks
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £10 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Reviews & features
How to experience the magic of the Edinburgh Fringe in 24 hours1 Aug 2018
If you only have a day to spend and are looking for some fun, we've got you covered
It's the biggest arts festival in the world and it transforms the city of Edinburgh during the month of August. Over 50,000 performances of over 3000 shows took place in 300 venues last year. 'How do I begin to work my way through this titanic…
Best vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Edinburgh31 May 2018
Restaurants that cater to meat-free and dairy-free diets
If you're sick of seeing salads as the only veggie option on the menu, here's a list of places that serve entirely vegan and vegetarian cuisine or offer good options as part of a wider menu.
Paradise Palms announces record shop and label4 Nov 2015
'When you dig a little deeper you find a wealth of creatives.'
‘You’re not going to find much above ground with Edinburgh Council so lacking in integrity, vision or enterprise but when you dig a little deeper you find a wealth of creatives, performers, artists, makers and musicians.’ One of Edinburgh’s newest…