- Telephone 0131 228 1145
- Opening times Mon–Fri 5–10pm; Sat & Sun 10am–10pm.
- Seasonal times Closed Dec 25 & 26.
- Food served Mon–Fri 5–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.frontierestaurant.co.uk
Great American cooking in Tollcross, with burgers, hotdogs and other favourites for carnivores and vegetarians.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
From the owners of Mums Comfort Food, Frontier is their American cuisine outpost in Tollcross. With a saloon-like feel, the décor is sparse with leather banquettes and sheepskin rugs draped over chairs. King of the starters is buffalo chicken wings doused in a moreish marinade, served with ranch dressing. For mains, the ‘Quentin’ is a succulent hot dog covered with treacle bacon, cheddar cheese and English mustard, dished up with hand cut fries and ruby slaw. Burgers are six-ounce beef patties chargrilled with all the standard embellishments, plus the more unusual options of basil and blue cheese. Aside from all the meat, they’re also making a concerted effort to expand their vegetarian offering with a sweet potato and black bean burger and a crisp halloumi ‘notdog’. Fill your boots and wash it all down with a couple of Frontier craft ales (from Belhaven), a frozen Margarita or a milkshake.
- High point: Great American cooking and tipples
- Low point: Bird art not to everyone’s tastes
- Notable dish: Buffalo wings and Quentin hotdog
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 28
- Largest group: 28
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle