Drygate Bar & Kitchen
- Telephone 0141 212 8810
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 11am–10pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website drygate.com
Craft brewing meets innovative cooking in this East End industrial-styled beer wonderland
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Residing on the east edge of town, surrounded by Wellpark Brewery and Glasgow’s Necropolis, Drygate is the epitome of a modern craft brew pub. It is hipster chic with a minimalist interior throughout the brewhouse, beerhall above and spacious terrace. Drygate is heaven for beer aficionados, with 24 draught lines offering up in-house favourites such as Gladeye IPA along with a host of guest ales, and a dizzying bottle array. It’s a good spot for dining too, with the Vintage team creating seasonal menus making the most of local sourcing, with a good helping of creativity. Whether it’s a cumin-rich falafel burger that proves pub grub doesn’t have to be predictable, or a light cod fillet in a squid-infused ragù, it’s clear a lot of love has gone into each dish. And at lunchtime, quirky ‘flat pack sandwiches’ are self-assembled, stretching the micro metaphor even further.
- High point: Arguably the city's best beer range
- Low point: It's a bit out the way … but not too far
- Notable dish: Dark chocolate and Dark Matter Rum tart
- Private dining: Up to 25 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: indie
- Live entertainment: comedy every second Friday, gigs, local label showcases
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 17
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
Gilded Balloon Comedy at Drygate
The very best of Gilded Balloon hole up in Drygate, which means you get to indulge in craft beer and comedy – a winning combination.