The Project Cafe
- Telephone 0141 332 9520
- Food served Mon–Fri 9am–5pm; Sat 10am–5pm; closed Sun.
- Average price £6 (set lunch)
- Website theprojectcafe.com
The Project Café brings a community village vibe to the heart of the city, with imaginative home cooked veggie dishes at rock-bottom prices
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Sitting just off Sauchiehall Street on the slopes of Garnethill, the Project Café manages to bring a village community vibe to the middle of Glasgow's city centre. Pop in for an afternoon treat that is a million miles from the chains’ offerings that dominate the surrounding area – this is the territory of Instagram-perfect flat whites and homemade fig rolls oozing fruit. The all-vegetarian menu boasts seasonal salads such as green lentil, fig and wild rice or ginger and coconut vegan slaw, sold by the scoop at a wallet-friendly £2.50. The hot specials at just a quid more include bulgur cake with spiced cauliflower and buttery leeks – wholesome without ever descending into stodge. With the chance to pick up an independent zine, join in a community project or enjoy some creative arts at occasional events, there’s nowhere quite like the Project Café in town.
- High point: Imaginative home-cooking at incredible prices
- Low point: Service can be a wee bit slow
- Notable dish: Bulgar wheat cake
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Live music, poetry readings, plus exhibitions and openings
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2014
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Glasgow Indie Authors
If you are interested in being an Independent Author and self-publishing then come along. We welcome anyone whether you have already published some work, have a book or two ready or are working through a book at the moment. We are Sinclair and Kim Macleod and together we bring a wealth of practical self-publishing…