Burger Meats Bun
- Telephone 0131 556 7023
- Seasonal times Extended opening in August and over Christmas period.
- Food served Tue–Sun noon–9.30pm. Closed Mon. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu noon–5pm.
- Average price £10 (set lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10
- Website www.burger-meats-bun.co.uk
Focusing on locally sourced ingredients and a menu aimed at quality over quantity, Burger Meats Bun offers juicy burgers and tasty fries.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Sitting on Forth Street, Burger Meats Bun is the perfect place to satisfy your burger craving. The tables here are well spaced and there's a lovely laid-back feel to the place. Keeping things refreshingly simple, the menu offers a concise number of options using locally sourced ingredients, with beef from The Aberfoyle Butcher to free-range chicken from Gartmorn Farm. Options include the epic Big Cheese, Chic Chic Chicken and Nae Meat burgers, all served with or without a tasty brioche bun. To accompany, there’s a choice of sides from sea-salted, triple-cooked fries to a creamy bowl of slaw. Be sure to try the thick milkshakes or one of their cocktails, with the Buck (gin, lime juice and ginger ale) providing a wonderfully tangy accompaniment to the food. Having been around a couple of years, the service here is smooth and the experience slick, from the paper towels on each table to mop up the flavoursome BMB sauce to the welcome sight of forks and knives, too often left behind in the modern gourmet burger joint.
- High point: The juicy, tasty burgers
- Low point: The menu may be a bit neat for some
- Notable dish: Big Cheese burger with BMB sauce
- Private dining: Up to 18 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mix of popular music
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 18
- Open since: 2014 July
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
Christmas Food Q&A: James Forrest – Burger Meats Bun25 Nov 2015
If you didn't know what Bacon Jam was before, you soon will
Haggis popcorn with BMB sauce…little balls of the best haggis you can get your hands on, rolled in panko breadcrumbs & fried then served with a delicious, tangy sauce. Or Duck confit & Bacon jam Rissoles with bramble ketchup.