Not open to the public.
Production at Wolfburn, once a thriving regional distillery, ended in slightly mysterious circumstances around the 1850s - possibly the early 1860s. The exact date, and the reasons for the closure of this once-sizeable distillery, are unknown: founded in 1821, it's named after Wolf Burn, from which the water going into the new spirit in the rebuilt distillery is still drawn. Little but rubble remained of old buildings when a team of private investors decided to resurrect it, and the new distillery is a short walk down the burn from the old site. Commissioning was complete in January 2013, and the first new spirit began to flow on the 25th: the unit is capable of producing 115,000 litres of pure alcohol per year, making it about the same size as the old distillery. The aim is to produce a light, fragrant spirit, unpeated in the main but with one peated run going through each year - the first Wolfburn whisky should be on the market in 2016.