- Telephone 0141 248 9359
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–11pm; Fri–Sat noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times All days except Friday and Saturday
- Average price £9.95 Express lunch tapas menu (set lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price Sabor Ligero Menu - 6 dishes to share for £14.95
- Website www.topolabamba.com/home/
A real wonderland of Mexican taste sensations within a vibrant backdrop where servers look to ensure diners maximise each course and every layered frozen margairita.
Why in the blue blazes would anyone want to build a wall between themselves and Mexico? Thankfully, America's apparent loss is Scotland's gain with Topolabamba further proving the absolute indispensability of this great nation one Taquito at a time. While servers float from table to table pollinating each with sweet sweet nectar in the form of frozen margaritas and a dizzying assortment of tacos, quesadillas and tostadas, the notches on your belt strap futilely protest to a stomach who isn't listening. ‘Andale!’ you'll shout as homemade artisan-style Jack cheese fondue with garlicky roasted peppers with chorizo is placed before you. During the week there is the option of a little flavour of everything with the set Sabor Ligero menu, or if meat isn't your thing they also offer a set vegetarian taster menu. Maybe it's the rich and fiery colours or perhaps the intoxicating sounds of Old Mexico, but soon, cabrón, you may need to be escorted back over the border to where your doleful life awaits, so enjoy every minute.
- High point: Food comes hard and fast
- Low point: Speed isn't always what a diner requires
- Notable dish: Classic queso fundido
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Sounds of Mexico.
- Live entertainment: Mexican cover artist for large events.
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle