- Telephone 0141 332 6151
- Opening times Mon–Wed & Sun noon–11pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight.
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–1pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–9pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.theravenglasgow.co.uk
Busy city centre bar serving smokehouse food and plenty of craft beer with upstairs function space to hire.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Combining a bar, restaurant and upstairs function-room 'nest’, this busy city centre pub is deceptively spacious with squishy booths for dining and slim tables for perching drinks. Cocktails are cheap and craft beer is plentiful, with staff enthusiastically reeling off tasting notes for the four rotating guest kegs. If you can't choose between the many draught, bottles and cans there are both craft beer and cask ale tasting planks. The US-inspired menu encompasses burgers, hot dogs, burritos and deli subs with the smokehouse serving up brisket, ribs and pulled meats on tin trays. You know they take their meat seriously when tables are equipped with sauce racks, and dainty napkins have been replaced by full kitchen rolls. Baby back ribs boast a fiery glaze and the three and a half hours the chicken has spent in the smoker means the tender meat just falls off the bones.
- High point: Excellent service from personable staff
- Low point: Sides quality doesn't match the meat
- Notable dish: Baby back ribs, smoked and glazed with BBQ sauce
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative and indie.
- Capacity: 140
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £8.99 per bottle
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Glasgow Defcon DC44141
A Glasgow based grouping of hackers, infosec peeps, computer hobbyists & anyone who enjoys learning, sharing information and beer. All welcome! The event will be the first tuesday of every month, at 7pm in the Raven.
Tue 10 Jan 2017
THE RED DIARY GROUP
THE RED DIARY GROUP IS A SOCIAL NETWORK FOR THE OVER 40s WHO NEED TO KICK START THEIR SOCIAL LIFE, ARE BORED INDOORS, KICK OFF YOUR SLIPPERS, GET OUT OF THE ONESIES AND PJs, GET OFF THE COUCH, GET OUT OF THE RUT, MAKE NEW FRIENDS THERE IS LOTS TO DO OUT THERE. . Please note the group is non profit, but in order to…
Sun 11 Dec
Wed 18 Jan 2017
Wed 15 Feb 2017
Social Circles (20's to 40's) - Glasgow
Aimed at people aged 18 to 40's, Social Circles is for anyone who wishes to socialise in and around Glasgow, taking part in social, sporting and random activities to help build their social circle and get off the couch more! So, if you're bored of sitting around watching TV and want to do more with your life - we're…