- Telephone 0141 332 6151
- Opening times Mon–Wed & Sun noon–11pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight.
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–1pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–9pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.theravenglasgow.co.uk
Busy city centre bar serving smokehouse food and plenty of craft beer with upstairs function space to hire.
Combining a bar, restaurant and upstairs function-room 'nest’, this busy city centre pub is deceptively spacious with squishy booths for dining and slim tables for perching drinks. Cocktails are cheap and craft beer is plentiful, with staff enthusiastically reeling off tasting notes for the four rotating guest kegs. If you can't choose between the many draught, bottles and cans there are both craft beer and cask ale tasting planks. The US-inspired menu encompasses burgers, hot dogs, burritos and deli subs with the smokehouse serving up brisket, ribs and pulled meats on tin trays. You know they take their meat seriously when tables are equipped with sauce racks, and dainty napkins have been replaced by full kitchen rolls. Baby back ribs boast a fiery glaze and the three and a half hours the chicken has spent in the smoker means the tender meat just falls off the bones.
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative and indie.
- Capacity: 140
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £8.99 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.