The Hyndland Fox
- Telephone 0141 341 6671
- Opening times Daily: 8am–midnight.
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–midnight, Fri–Sat 11am-1am
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 4–10pm
- Average price £18 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £25 (3 courses)
- Website www.thehyndlandfox.co.uk
Relaxed and informal bistro open from 9am till late, offering all-day food and live music in an affluent West End locale.
Locals haven’t all warmed straight away to this joint venture between Peckhams deli chain and hospitality giant G1, as they work to get the formula just right. Whatever your impressions, it’s worth stopping in to experience some new additions to their offering, including the ‘Fox After 4’ three-course set menu, which is a bit more involved than their standard à la carte and changes weekly subject to different seasonal ingredients. The space – a prime corner spot in leafy Hyndland – is instantly inviting, with candlelit tables and bench seats hugging floor-to-ceiling windows and a second mezzanine level intricately laid out with snug booths. Their beer selection is small but well formed, with 6.2% Lagunitas IPA on draft and mainly American (Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada) and British (Camden) brews in the fridge. Food from the à la carte menu can stumble occasionally in preparation – harissa chicken skewers are cooked black in places, while the deli burger patty and bun are both rather dry. There’s still room for improvement, but the Fox has the potential to become a neighbourhood favourite if it continues to up its game.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul/funk
- Live entertainment: Acoustic music, Fri-Sat 9-11pm
- Capacity: 85
- Largest group: 25+
- Open since: May 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle