- Telephone 0131 557 3063
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–8pm; Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 11am–4pm.
- Seasonal times Festival: open until 8pm
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 11am–4pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
- Website www.fortitudecoffee.com
Compact, welcoming space run by knowledgeable owners. Coffee dominates but tea and food also find a place.
Wooden shelves given over to brewing paraphernalia and beans highlight coffee is the focus of this wee place. There is a selection of single origin, seasonal coffee with a monthly guest espresso – the quarterly changing house espresso is just an example of Fortitude's recent ventures into roasting their own. Simple tasting notes on the wall guide your choice: try a pour-over for a more subtle taste, or stick to the milky classics. Whatever your choice, the beans are ground and measured for each shot, displaying an admirable attention to detail. The pay-off is a consistently beautiful crema. Tea from Anteaques and Kitsch natural sodas provide an alternative to coffee and soup, a small selection of rolls, cakes and pastries are available, sourced to provide customers with the best of Edinburgh.
- High point: Coffee made with knowledge and passion
- Low point: Seats are at a premium
- Notable dish: House espresso
Fortitude is a specialty coffee merchant and espresso bar.
We are proud to have Workshop coffee in our grinders. Workshop is committed to roasting the sweetest, cleanest and freshest coffee. It makes the perfect cup.
Our shop also stocks coffee beans from some of the best small-batch roasters in the UK. We will help you choose the right beans for the right brew and supply all the tools and advice you need to brew at home. Splendid for a lazy Sunday.
Fortitude has free Wi-Fi, books, newspapers and delicious cakes from the Manna House bakery.
Come and see us soon.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: laid back beats
- Capacity: 14
- Open since: 2014