- Telephone 01655 760653
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 9am–11pm; Fri/Sat 9am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times noon–6.45pm
- Average price £12 (set lunch); £17.50 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12
- Website www.soutersinn.com
The food at Souter’s Inn is as distinctive as the thatched roof that covers the building. With thick stone walls and a roaring fire, this cosy eatery offers a snug dining experience that Tam O’Shanter and his droothy neighbour, Johnnie – the restaurant’s namesake – would have relished. As you would expect from the Costley and Costley brand, the food at Souter’s Inn is considered and of a consistently high standard. Starters include a take on the Scottish staple with a Scotch egg salad as well as an impressive selection of seafood – mussels steamed in wine and scallops with avocado and Scottish cheddar. Main courses range from classics such as slow-cooked lamb stew to Asian-inspired dishes such as spiced beef, all of which are carefully prepared with the attention to detail that has earned Souter’s its excellent reputation. Creamy ice-cream, made in the on-site dairy, is an enjoyable way to round off the dining experience and is also available to purchase from the adjoining shop along with delicate handmade patisserie and confectionery.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 140
- Open since: 2014