- Telephone 0131 221 1777
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Seasonal times Aug & Dec extended hours
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm; Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thur 5pm–6.30pm
- Pre-theatre price £10.50
- Website www.osteriadeltempoperso.info/edinburgh
Impressively fronted Bruntsfield Italian with a sister restaurant in Casalvieri, Lazio.
With this prominent corner spot in Bruntsfield and a sister restaurant just outside Rome in Casalvieri, restaurateur Marco Iacobelli has plans in the pipeline for a rebrand of Osteria Del Tempo Perso, aiming to introduce a more traditional Italian style of eating with his young team of chefs. Classic favourites such as Grandma's own recipe meatballs and lasagna di mamma will remain part of the menu but daily specials will focus on seasonality and simple, punchy flavours. With an extensive wine list focusing on the regions of Italy, staff are on hand to advise on pairings of food and wine. The décor is somewhat hectic, with every available corner stashed with jars, packets, bottles and a couple of vintage bikes thrown in too. Popular with the local community, the team here are keen to accommodate families and also offer weekend brunch with live jazz music.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: jazz
- Live entertainment: Sunday brunch with jazz music - planning similar events during the festival
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: 2014, March
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle