- Telephone 0131 221 1777
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Seasonal times Aug & Dec extended hours
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm; Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thur 5pm–6.30pm
- Pre-theatre price £10.50
- Website www.osteriadeltempoperso.info/edinburgh
Impressively fronted Bruntsfield Italian with a sister restaurant in Casalvieri, Lazio.
Marco Iacobelli owns two restaurants called Tempo Perso; one in his hometown Casalvieri in Lazio and the other in Bruntsfield. He travels between them every week, bringing charming Italian hospitality and the very best produce from each location to diners. Recently, a selection of spelt vegan tagliatelle was added to the menu and later this year a selection of dynamic wines, grown on vineyards in Casalvieri, will join the wine list. The menu is extensive but finely tuned; delicately flavoured pasta dishes like cacao e pepe with porcini and walnuts are offered alongside hearty prime cuts of Scottish beef. Italian twists on popular dishes like the polpette ‘burger’ or the Italy-meets-Scotland take on chicken stuffed with haggis and a whisky cream sauce shows off the more playful side of an otherwise serious restaurant. Excellent seafood dishes can be found on the specials menu; expect handsome bowls of mussels, clams and prawns, perched on top of fish fillets or folded through fresh egg pasta.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: jazz
- Live entertainment: Sunday brunch with jazz music - planning similar events during the festival
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: 2014, March
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle