- Telephone 0141 243 2321
- Food served Mon–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–10pm
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website barburrito.co.uk
Barburrito have been delivering fast and fresh Mexican burritos and more since 2005, first in Manchester and then in several venues across Scotland since 2016.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Formerly Pinto Mexican Kitchen, the three Glasgow city centre branches of this local chain were taken over by Barburrito in late 2015. The Manchester-based group, who opened their first burrito bar in 2005 and now have over a dozen Mexican eateries across the UK, rebranded the Scottish Pintos (including Edinburgh) in Spring 2016. It's much the same style of casual Tex-Mex offerings, delivering fast and fresh food in an ‘uno, dos, tres’ ordering process – choose burrito (including classic, loaded and a ‘superfood’ version giving you four of your five-a-day veggies), tacos or nachos; pick a filling such as pulled pork, shredded beef or veggie; and add salsa on an incremental heat scale. Additional Barburrito touches include more rice options and featured ‘limited edition’ fillings to pack into those handy holdalls of Tex-Mex goodness.
- Delivery: £2 or £2.50 for city centre and west end through Just Eat (this branch only)
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: occasional
- Capacity: 90-100 (additional 20 outside)
- Largest group: not applicable at this time
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3 (single serve glasses)