- Telephone 0141 221 2808 / 07898 481111
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–11pm
- Average price £17.99 (set lunch); £17.99 (set evening meal)
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
If you’re a very hungry carnivore you should get your money’s worth from the all-you-can-eat protein-buffet at Bull Leader. Alongside nicely marbled beef, slices of belly pork and juicy prawns are some less-familiar delicacies like duck gizzards and ox hearts, and although meat is the main thing, there’s a decent selection of vegetables to go with it. The twist is you have to cook it all yourself – this is a ‘yakiniku’ style restaurant, where each table is fitted with a central grill and diners are in control of their own food. It could make for a fun date (the size and dynamics of the table-grill are best suited to two people sharing) but £17.99 is quite a lot for raw ingredients and access to a hotplate in a canteen-like interior, particularly as there are no lunch or pre-theatre deals.
- High point: An unusual and authentic experience
- Low point: The price is very high unless you make a determined effort to keep eating
- Provides: Wheelchair access