This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 212 4870
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 10am–11pm; Fri & Sat 10am–midnight.
- Seasonal times Festive licence until 1am
- Bar open Mon–Fri 10am–11pm; Sat/Sun 10am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri 10am–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm
- Average price £19 (lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.hydeglasgow.com
Hyde’s elegant interior and classy cocktails are a perfect fit for pre-club crowds and concert-goers en route to the nearby Hydro.
Bringing fashionista fun to a forgotten corner of the West End, there’s no mistaking Hyde’s aspirations to style bar status. It’s a minimalist space with chic leather seating, framed by a striking mural of irregular panels and an elegant gantry adorned with a wrought metal tree, which cradles a range of spirits used for the quality cocktails that are the headline attraction. Staff recommend the Lychee Martini and West End Iced Tea while the Cherubs Cup is another favourite. If the interior design lacks intimacy, hop up on to raised booths and sample the menu of upmarket pub grub on offer. The food may not excite the mind and palate quite as much as the top-class cocktail, but Gressingham duck, tempura prawns or mushroom gnocchi are attractive options, while the Dunsyre Blue variation raises the bar for burgers.
- High point: A cocktail list straight out of Mad Men
- Low point: Could use a little heating on colder nights
- Notable dish: Lobster mac 'n' cheese
- Private dining: Up to 42 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: house music and hip hop
- Live entertainment: DJ on Sat nights
- Capacity: 36 in restaurant; mezzanine 26/ bar 40/ (outside 16)
- Largest group: 42
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle