- Telephone 0141 243 2227
- Opening times Mon–Fri noon–3pm & 5–11pm; Sat & Sun 2–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Fri noon–11pm; Sat/Sun 2–11pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun untll 7pm
- Pre-theatre price £15
- Website www.cubatas.co.uk
An West End restaurant close to the Mitchell Library, mixing modern and traditional tapas.
Sitting unassumingly close to the grandeur of the Mitchell Library, Cubatas is the reliable pal who brings an unusual dish to the party but doesn’t make a scene. There’s a mix of traditional and modern tapas in a setting to match, with stone walls tapering down into sleek leather seating. Though not every innovation elicits an ‘ole’, delicious courgette stuffed with olives, sun-dried tomatoes and scented with orange showcases the ability to balance experimentation and execution. Mussels atop potato slices cast a daring glance to the culinary stars but struggle to stay aloft above the weighty dressing of smoked paprika and aioli. Elsewhere though, the classics win out with a buttery traditional tortilla the pick of the vegetarian selection, and feisty gambas pil-pil enhanced with a hint of lime proving the best among the meat and fish. Vouchers on 5pm and Groupon mean there’s a meal to be had for every budget.
Newly opened in February 2014, Cubatas is the dream of offering Scotland the authentic way of cooking in Spain nowadays. In Cubatas we challenged ourselves to bring you the tapas as they really are in Spain, to bring you the flavours that are setting trends among the palates of the Spanish people and of course, to make your dinning experience enjoyable in a modern and a casual atmosphere.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Spanish pop
- Live entertainment: Spanish acoustic music night held every Saturday
- Capacity: 58 (25 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16 per bottle