- Telephone 0141 573 0114
- Opening times Mon–Fri noon–3pm & 5–11pm; Sat & Sun 2–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Fri noon–11pm; Sat/Sun 2–11pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Tue untll 10pm
- Pre-theatre price £16
- Website www.cubatas.co.uk
Spanish tapas and cocktails close to the Mitchell Library and Theatre.
Their website boldly claims that Cubatas is ‘Scotland’s finest Spanish restaurant’. While that’s a matter for debate, there’s no doubt this tapas bar is trying hard, with a short, interesting menu that mixes traditional favourites with a handful of original creations. Carilleras - pork cheeks - are slow-cooked in red wine to the ideal, delicious point of collapse, but shelled mussels bathed in an astringent pickle and sitting on slices of room-temperature potato are likely to divide opinion. A ‘cubata’ is a mixed drink in Spain, and appropriately enough this place does a good line in cocktails, with a number of tapas-plus-drinks deals providing an affordable start to a night out.
Newly opened in February 2014, Cubatas is the dream of offering Scotland the authentic way of cooking in Spain nowadays. In Cubatas we challenged ourselves to bring you the tapas as they really are in Spain, to bring you the flavours that are setting trends among the palates of the Spanish people and of course, to make your dinning experience enjoyable in a modern and a casual atmosphere.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Spanish acoustic music night held every Saturday
- Capacity: 58 (25 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16 per bottle