The Kirkmichael Arms
- Telephone 01655 750200
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–8.45pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu noon–6.30pm; Fri noon–4pm
- Average price £14 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10.95
- Website www.kirkmichaelarms.co.uk
Billed as a bar, restaurant and curiosity gift shop, the Kirkmichael Arms opened as a family-run venture in the village of Kirkmichael’s old pub premises in 2012. Led by head chef Ewan McAllister, the kitchen service offers a selection of hearty classics, among them starters of chicken liver parfait with seasonal chutney or breaded Stornoway black pudding with roasted sweet pepper, and main courses including steak and sausage pie or braised shoulder of lamb with cauliflower purée. Vegetarians aren’t as well catered for as meat-eaters, but the latter group will love McAllister’s repertoire, while real ale drinkers will also be pleased to note that the bar has two ale taps. One of these serves a resident ale from the local Ayr Brewing Company and the other offers a monthly changing guest, while there’s also a fine selection of single malt whiskies.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access