- Telephone 0131 559 4030
- Food served Wed–Fri 12.15pm; Thu 6pm. Closed Sat–Tue.
- Average price £7.50 (set lunch); £15 (set evening meal)
- Website www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/Restaurants/…
Good food at unbeatable prices at this catering college training restaurant.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
So this is where it begins. Students with a passion to enter the wonderful world of food and drink give days, months, years of their lives to train as chefs and staff in the restaurant industry and you can see them in action here. As the restaurant fronting the Edinburgh College’s hospitality school, trainee chefs advance their skills under the ever watchful eyes of their mentor chefs. Producing lunches, dinners and a 5 course ‘Masterchef’ dinner on Wednesdays and Thursdays helps chefs and hospitality staff transition from training to professional experience. And diners are the beneficiaries, having the fun of watching the action in the kitchen via live video link as well as eating some impressive food. Forget staying at home with your favourite cooking show – come down to Granton for the real thing, plus a side order of delicious food, attentive service and a commitment to please.
- High point: A great bargain and great fun
- Low point: Diners must be seated no later than 6.45pm
- Notable dish: Menu changes daily
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Random tunes
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £12 per bottle