- Telephone 0141 248 5705
- Bar open Tue–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight; Sun/Mon noon–10.30pm
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30; Sun/Mon noon–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 6.30pm
- Average price £20 (lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.iguanas.co.uk
A whistle-stop tour of the Central and Southern Americas, a visit to Las Iguanas will make for a fun-filled night out with friends.
The Latin American outpost of the group behind Bella Italia and La Tasca, this bright and colourful restaurant carries its theme with gusto through a vibrant décor and menu. The style of both is carnival, with some unusual specialties from Brazil and Peru – like xinxim, as hard to pronounce as it is to spell, a chicken and crayfish stew with sweet plantain and coconut – as well as more familiar Mexican dishes such as fajitas and enchiladas. The atmosphere is young and fun, with upbeat party music on the stereo and a cocktail menu that offers huge sharing bowls and pitchers of beer to keep the fiesta going. With a lot of floor space to cover, service can be stretched so it might be wise to order some guac and corn chips with that first drink. Everything’s made from scratch with good value deals through lunch to early evening and at night midweek, too. Dietary requirements are well catered for with plenty of choice and special children’s, vegetarian and gluten-free menus are available.
Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil.
Each Las Iguanas restaurant is unique, and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures, to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink, in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life.
With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas Glasgow is proud of its fresh GM-free food and top quality ingredients.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: 35-40
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin lounge
- Capacity: 200 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 35-40
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle