The Howlin' Wolf
- Telephone 0141 333 3333
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–3am
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–2am
- Average price £10 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.thehowlinwolf.co.uk
A welcoming late-night rock and blues music bar with a commitment to strong American flavours in their cooking.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
More of a bar with a theme than a theme bar, Howlin' Wolf serves up soul food flavours with a blues soundtrack in a bright, open room until the wee small hours each morning. Here Bath Street diners can sample a slice of Americana that’s on the right side of kitsch. During the day, office workers and students descend in search of stacked burgers, Cajun spices and gumbo. However, not all the menu is straight from the bayou – their thin and crispy pizzas are popular with a beer while lounging in one of the red leather booths. Local bands play here most nights bringing a more lively vibe, and the food continues with bar bites served until 2am offering night-owls an alternative to the chippy, with eclectic options such as haggis tempura, piri piri chicken and squid.
- High point: Great comfort food
- Low point: At night, music fans take over
- Notable dish: Are you afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?
- Private dining: Yes with prior arrangement
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Blues, 1970s' rock
- Live entertainment: Live bands most evenings
- Capacity: 300
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: March 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle