Malone's Irish Bar
Find a warm welcome and a menu of Irish pub grub staples in this city centre hangout.
Malone's is instantly recognisable as an Irish bar. The dark wood fixtures, whiskey barrel motifs and traditional bric-a-brac all announce the character of this cosy spot. Add in a warm welcome from the staff and there's the promise of good times from a formula repeated the world over. What makes Malone's stand out is an admirable commitment to serving up quality comfort food. While most probably visit here to quaff stout, watch football matches in a convivial atmosphere, or catch a live band with friends, the menu here is also worth attention. They'll wake you up with a sturdy breakfast, served every day – a three-egg omelette if you are feeling healthy, the full Irish fry-up if you are feeling delicate. Lunch brings wraps, sandwiches, soup and pasta, with Malone's Irish stew as another nod to the Emerald Isle. An ideal place for weekend grazing or after-work quick bites.
- High point: Friendly neighbourhood bar in the city centre
- Low point: Casual dining only, which won't suit everyone
- Notable dish: Malone's Irish stew
- Private dining: Up to 280 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie guitar music, folk music
- Live entertainment: Live music five nights a week - Irish bands and traditional Irish music
- Capacity: 80-100
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: February 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle