- Telephone 0141 334 9000
- Bar open Mon–Thu 4pm–midnight; Fri 4pm–1am; Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Thu 4pm–11pm; Fri 4pm–midnight; Sat noon–midnight; Sun noon–11pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.pacificglasgow.com
Tiki bar and restaurant offering mix-and-match Pacific rim food and exuberant cocktails in the compact surrounds of a neighborhood haunt.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Younger sister of the Tiki Bar in the city, the Pacific largely rolls out the same package of mix-and-match Pacific Rim food and exuberant cocktails. There are bamboo fittings and light-up blowfish hanging from the ceiling, while buxom hula girls adorn the walls. Food ranges from Hawaiian-inspired big kahuna burgers in beef, chicken, veg and pork to tacos and Thai curries – the salty, sweet and spicy massaman beef curry comes particularly recommended. The reverse of the menu is all about fresh fruit and strong booze blending cocktails, each of which comes in a different Instagram-friendly extravagant container. Be it gin and juice in a skull mug, piña colada in a ceramic pineapple or coconut grenade in a, well, you can probably guess. They may take a good while to mix, so first order a shot of Brugal Añejo Rum in a can of Caribbean grapefruit soft drink Ting to sip on.
- High point: Has to be the cocktails
- Low point: Football on TV rather breaks the exoticism spell
- Notable dish: Massaman Beef Curry
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown, disco, funk and soul
- Live entertainment: Quiz on a Monday, open mic 'rum sessions' on a Wednesday
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle