- Telephone 0141 334 9000
- Bar open Mon–Thu 4pm–midnight; Fri 4pm–1am; Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Thu 4pm–11pm; Fri 4pm–midnight; Sat noon–midnight; Sun noon–11pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.pacificglasgow.com
Tiki bar and restaurant offering mix-and-match Pacific rim food and exuberant cocktails in the compact surrounds of a neighborhood haunt.
Step out of Patrick and into a kitschy slice of the South Pacific. If the puffer fish lights, Hawaiian print chairs and assorted masks don't transport you to Tiki paradise, the cocktails will. Choose a classic rum drink served in a Tiki Mug (made by Gernet McCulloch at Fireworks Studio) or name your prefered spirit and the passionate bartenders will whip you up a recommendation. The food menu is divided into Mexican dishes, authentic Thai curries and American burgers. Generous Baja fish tacos are really fresh, with lightly battered haddock fillet goujons and cool salsa. The burgers boast luxurious topping combos – the umani beef burger, cooked on a flame chargrill, combines truffled portobello mushrooms, smoked gouda cheese and sun-dried tomato confit. Or you can pimp your own with satay sauce or mac and cheese. A popular Wednesday live music night, the Rum Sessions, completes the holiday vibe.
- High point: Excellent cocktails from staff who love their craft
- Low point: Compact venue makes seats a premium at busy times
- Notable dish: Unami beef burger with truffled Portobello mushrooms, sun-dried tomato confit, togarashi mayo, bacon, smoke gouda cheese.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown, disco, funk and soul
- Live entertainment: Quiz on a Monday, open mic 'rum sessions' on a Wednesday
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle