- Telephone 0131 344 7344
- Food served Lunch: Tue–Fri 12.15 and 12.30pm. Dinner: Tue 5pm; Wed/Thu 6.15pm. Closed Sat–Mon. Closed Sat–Mon.
- Average price £7.50 (set lunch); £7.50 (set evening meal)
- Website www.theclubedinburgh.com/eh15-restaurant-bar/
Spot the star chefs of the future at Edinburgh College's training restaurant on their Milton Road campus.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Fancy spotting the star chefs of the future? Then get down to EH15 where Edinburgh College’s catering and hospitality students are put through their paces. The training restaurant on the Milton Road campus delivers a weekly changing menu designed to showcase skills ranging from pastry to pasta, with a focus on local produce. Dishes are attractively presented and the young waiting staff are eager to please. Dining times are limited, to fit round the rest of the student’s schedules, so plan ahead and, while quality is high, be prepared to tolerate the odd wee wobble. That said with a menu as keenly priced as this and the genuine ‘try hard’ spirit the students show, any tiny errors are easy to forgive.
- High point: A tasty way to support up-and-coming talent
- Low point: Dining space is rather lacklustre
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 70 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 100 buffet style, 70 seated
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £12 per bottle