Trendy burger joint offering locally sourced produce and dairy, gluten and meat-free options.
With its statement name, there aren’t any questions about this trendy eatery’s focus. A similar minimalistic cafeteria feel has been rolled out across their two Edinburgh branches (Fountainbridge and Shandwick Place) and their St Andrews branch, with bright lighting and food served on metal trays attracting casually dressed bunches of friends and families alike. The main event, a 5oz blend of Scottish beef commonly doubled up with bacon and cheese topples out of a brioche bun with a thick slab of gherkin. Alternatively there's the slightly unusual texture of a halal chicken breast, minced up and formed into a patty, or a vegetarian blend of tempeh, sweet potato and chickpea. Dietary requirements are catered for with the option of a gluten-free bun, but the sides of reheated, congealed cheesy chips and bone-dry mac 'n' cheese fall short of expectation and might just snap your plastic fork. The tempting extras will soon overcrowd your table, but save room for a boozy milkshake which is thick and luxurious, albeit sickly sweet.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/dean-village/burger & https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/merchiston/burger-fountainbridge
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: contemporary tracks, managers choice
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45 - private hire
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £14 per bottle