Beer & Skittles
- Telephone 0131 556 1289
- Opening times Mon–Wed 5pm–midnight; Thu 5pm–1am; Fri 4pm–2am; Sat & Sun noon–2am
- Bar open Mon–Wed 5pm–midnight; Thu–5pm–1am; Fri 5pm–2am; Sat noon–2am; Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served daily until 10pm
- Average price £8.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.beerandskittlesbar.co.uk
Basement beer bar specialising in international brews, with a great outside area featuring three pool tables and outdoor heaters. There's also a cosy seating area inside, extra large screens, a Man v Food competition and one heck of a neon sign.
Beer is the focus of this basement bar and sporting events are shown on an abundance of wide-screen TVs positioned inside and out, so there’s no need to miss any of the action. The outside courtyard is partially sheltered, comfortably furnished and has its own bar but if the sun isn’t shining you can transport yourself around the world with their extensive selection of beer, or warm the cockles with a cocktail, while new menu features Italian-inspired flatbread and sharing platters. Local beers are well represented too, including their own Beer & Skittles lager. There is a free pool table and darts board to entertain and it’s open until 2am at the weekend. Oh and if you’re still looking for the skittles? They're in the vodka.
- No. overnight rooms: 10
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Hip hop, indie rock, house, pop
- Capacity: 250 standing; 70 seated
- Largest group: 250
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best bars for watching sport in Edinburgh14 May 2018
Places with a lively atmosphere on match day
Watching the game? From the Six Nations to the Superbowl, whether it's football or rugby, horse racing, cycling or darts, these Edinburgh bars with big screens and big match atmosphere are brilliant for seeing sporting events.