- Telephone 0131 226 4732
- Opening times Daily: noon–1am.
- Seasonal times Has a 3am license and will use it during festivals, the tourist season and other busy periods
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10–1am.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–9pm; Fri–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
Kitsch and colourful shrine to all things rum and all things good time.
While gin is definitely having a moment around town, 52 resolutely paddles its own canoe straight down rum river. There's well over a hundred different brands and ages available, including Scotland’s own Dark Matter, with rum flights and tasting notes acknowledging the spirit’s serious taste credentials. This love of all things rum translates into a mean cocktail too – their Mai Tai is a strong contender for the best in the city – while homemade ginger beer elevates a simple Dark and Stormy to almost cult status. Food-wise though, things are a little uneven, with the odd kitchen error and a pile 'em high mentality on the sharing platters suggesting the odd shortcut when it comes to fresh ingredients. That said, the tiki bar styling, warm welcome and generous side order of kitsch make this a grand choice for a fun night out.
- High point: Fun cocktails, fun times
- Low point: Food quality very mixed
- Notable dish: Mai Tai
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Vintage tunes
- Live entertainment: Live bands at the weekend with a jazz/blues focus, occasional DJs, frequent one-off events – check Facebook for details
- Capacity: 55 (80+ standing)
- Largest group: 65 seated (80+ standing)
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £17.95 per bottle