Hendersons Shop & Deli
- Telephone 0131 225 6694
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–7pm; Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 11am–5pm.
- Seasonal times Festival: Mon–Fri 8am–7pm; Sat 7am–6pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Average price £8 (lunch)
- Website www.hendersonsofedinburgh.co.uk
Edinburgh institution for vegetarian and vegan food, providing fresh and healthy options for sit-in and takeaway.
Bright and cosy Hendersons Shop and Deli provides a generous taste of the ever-popular Hendersons brand, supplying a selection of some of the typical offerings found in its other locations in the city. The shop has a constant supply of fresh baked loaves and healthy produce including organic ingredients, Fairtrade sweet treats and stock from local shops such as Jordan Valley Wholefoods. The deli specialises in vegetarian and vegan-friendly foods from burgers and wraps to soups and a hot daily special. The wide choice of salads are full of interesting and distinct flavours, ideal on their own or as an accompaniment to any main. With the option to sit-in or takeaway, the shop and deli is handy for a bite on the go or for a small breather away from the buzz of the city centre.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz and acoustic music.
- Capacity: 16
- Open since: 1962