- Telephone 0131 556 7387
- Opening times Daily: noon–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £7.50 (Feed me for a fiver lunch deal is one course only £5); £14 (evening meal)
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
Taking over from The Aspen, South Bridge's new cheeky scamp follows a well-worn path of beer and burgers. Familiar brews are boosted by St Mungo and Innis & Gunn lager on draught, with a mixed daytime crowd and evening punters enjoying cocktail pitchers, half a dozen wines and the occasional shot or bomb. Well stacked burgers dominate an all-day menu and pop up on good value feed-me-for-a-fiver lunchtime offers with a fairly run of the mill supporting cast of wings, goujons and chilli cheese nachos. Scottish with a fiery temper, the Sir Alex burger arrives topped with jalapenos, haggis and whisky sauce, all slightly undermined by the accompanying fries and relish sides. In what constitutes a fairly modest makeover, a range of light wood tables and high stools are organised around the crimson clad central bar in a room that can occasionally veer towards the bare and bright.
- High point: Good value lunch deal
- Low point: Room layout rather workaday
- Notable dish: Burgers
- Provides: Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Fairly bland rock and pop
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle