- Telephone 0131 229 2727
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 4pm–10pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 4–11pm.
- Average price £16.50 (evening meal)
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
A relative newcomer, Rodi is dominated by the huge charcoal grill which sends out smoky sweet smells as well as highly piled plates into the dining area. Starters are based round a compact mezze selection, but it’s hard to look past a pile of garlicky, juicy prawns, just char-grilled enough, accompanied by lovely traditional bread. Mains are mostly along the lines of grilled chicken and lamb, often served with a puddle of smoky aubergine which enhances that charcoal flavour. It’s all very simple and very Turkish: few frills, no alcohol (BYOB is welcome), but a warm welcome and great food, with lots of little additions like dressed onions and generous side salads building up into a real feast.
- High point: Char-grilled prawns
- Low point: It's a bit too brightly lit
- Provides: Halal options, Wheelchair access
- House wine: No alcohol served per bottle