- Telephone 0131 332 1232
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri–Sun noon–1am.
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Wed noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Thu–Sun noon–10pm.
Pocket-sized and convivial Stockbridge bar serving quality small plates with a cracking wine list.
Stockbridge isn’t short of swanky watering holes where you can spend time catching up with friends over a large glass of Pouilly-Fumé. So what makes Rollo different? Well, there’s the intimate and inviting décor, the cosy candlelit tables, the exceptionally friendly staff – and the total lack of pretension. Here you can munch your way through an eclectic menu of bites, bowls, plates and sides. Carefully balanced between elegance and fun, take your pick from the likes of haggis bonbons, blue cheese and cauliflower pâté, monkfish with baba ganoush, and ox cheek with crispy mushroom and smooth butternut squash. And don't overlook the chips with aioli – they're among the best in town. Four or five dishes to share between two should leave you some room for dessert – the banana bread and butter pudding with peanut ice cream is an absolute winner.
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Everything from the Ronettes to Take That to Chris Rea
- Capacity: 30 indoors (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: 500ml carafe £12 per bottle