- Telephone 0131 228 4641
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–10pm; Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website www.nardinis.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
NOTE: Currently closed 'for refurbishment' (Updated 23-03-2016). This Edinburgh outpost of the long-standing west coast ice-cream parlour is a relative newcomer to the burgeoning Bruntsfield café scene. Although lacking some of the old-world charm of the Largs seaside emporium, the Edinburgh branch of Nardini's is nonetheless welcoming with its shiny chrome surfaces, friendly service and that counter stacked with frozen delights. Since opening in 2014 it’s been going like a fair, drawing in school kids, families and shoppers for their famous sundaes and cones. You can’t go wrong with a hot-fudge sundae or old-school banana split, and if you feel like sharing there’s the whopping 12-scoop Clyde Coast Extravaganza which comes with an extraordinary 16 toppings. It’s not all sweetness and ice, however, as a small but interesting selection of Italian sandwiches is also available – such as mozzarella with tomato and basil or pepperoni with peppers and jalapenos – all on homemade focaccia bread.
- High point: Kids are in their element
- Low point: Rather cluttered interior
- Notable dish: Hot fudge sundae
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: October 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle