Boteco do Brasil
- Telephone 0131 220 2487
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–3am
- Seasonal times Festival: Mon– Sun noon–5am.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–3am.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm; Sun noon–10pm.
- Website www.botecodobrasil.com
Brazilian bar deep in student territory with party vibes and cachaça: food and cocktail deals abound.
Just off Bristo Square and deep inside Edinburgh’s student heartland lies Boteco de Brasil. As such, if you pop in during the week you’ll find generous deals on cocktails, many of which are made using cachaça, a white rum native to Brazil and not seen around much locally. Their Brazilian twist to traditional tapas are well worth exploring and work equally well for a light bite or a starter – try the coxinha de frango, a soft potato bite filled with well-cooked chicken. If you’re looking for something filling and warming then feijoada, a traditional stew packed with black beans and smoked sausage, should hit the spot. As described, picanha na chapa (grilled steak) sizzles as it arrives at the table with your choice of fries or cassava. Many mains are gluten-free and there are enough choices for vegetarians to enjoy too. If dessert is on the cards, the brigadeiro (billed as Brazil’s number one dessert) is a set of thick, rich truffles which any chocolate lover will go head over heels for.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/old-town/boteco-do-brasil
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Dance and pop music
- Live entertainment: Dance classes, club nights and DJs
- Capacity: 50 (15 outdoors)
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £15.50 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.