This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 204 5075
- Opening times Mon–Thu 5pm–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–midnight; 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Thu 5pm-midnight; Fri/Sat noon–midnight; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Thu 5–9pm, Fri–Sun noon–9pm
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website rockus-glasgow.co.uk
A distinctive music bar with a strong burger menu, perfect if you like your music loud and your drinks strong.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With its black exterior, heavy metal jukebox and graffiti-clad interior, Rockus is a bar that certainly looks the part of the quintessential edgy music venue. The atmosphere is more friendly and relaxed than you may expect – not a ruckus or fracas in sight, Finnieston is very genteel these days. In this distinctive corner of the crowded Argyle Street bar scene, serious music aficionados gather here at night to watch the regular live acts or playbacks of classic concerts on TV screens while supping on Iron Maiden-inspired Trooper beer – a solid craft beer choice. During the week, local business workers or residents are to the fore, while Rockus is a great Friday night choice if you like your music loud, your drinks strong and your burgers loaded with tasty toppings. Try the Diablo, two handmade burgers topped with bacon, cheese, onions, jalepeños and a portion of BBQ bourbon beef brisket.
- High point: Burgers that pack a punch
- Low point: You'll either get the interior or you won't
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Tue, Thu, Sun - local rock/blues bands; Wed - monthly spoken word
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle