Bread Meats Bread
One of the original, best spots on the 'burger boulevard' of St Vincent Street – moist, meaty burgers and the right mix of fast food, dude food and good food.
Right in the centre of Glasgow’s gourmet burger strip on St Vincent Street, Bread Meats Bread’s commitment to exciting flavours and local produce has ensured it remains king of the burger market. Heavy wooden tables and benches sit atop beautiful grey tiling which, with the utilitarian tableware, gives a clever industrial luxe vibe. The enormous burgers here are not for the faint-hearted. The Cali burger, up to four mustard-fried patties with gooey cheese and pickles nestled in a brioche bun – is as visually impressive as it is tasty, while the butter bacon burger is a towering stack of fantastically moist, smoky beef and melting Scamorza cheese. To complement the burgers, there are plenty of funked-up versions of the humble chip: Buffalo fries are lip-puckeringly spicy with their vinegary blue cheese tang, while the poutine – the hippest side in Glasgow’s gourmet burger joints – are decadently dirty and delicious with their rich gravy and curd. With fantastic service from Ylli and his attentive team, BMB more than deserves its universal admiration among burger aficionados.
- High point: Squishy brioche buns and perfect beef patties
- Low point: Because everything looks incredible, food envy is inevitable
- Notable dish: Wolf of St Vincent Street burger
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: indie-pop mix
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: no bookings
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £14 per bottle