Bread Meats Bread
- Telephone 0141 249 9898
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–10pm; Sun noon–8pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–8pm
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.breadmeatsbread.com
One of the original, best spots on the 'burger boulevard' of St Vincent Street – moist, meaty burgers and the right mix of fast food, dude food and good food.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
‘Peak burger’ in Glasgow was probably 2015, but Bread Meats Bread always felt like it had staying power. A roaring lunchtime/early evening trade bears this out. Their burgers are a great balance of the ‘gourmet’ and the sort of lip-licking guilt that, well, burgers are allowed to invoke. Big flavours, with high quality (and not too sweet) brioche rolls. The black label range includes a classic bacon cheeseburger, while the red label puts ‘nduja sausage through the patties for a grizzly heat. Recent addition the Cali burger offers two or three thin patties instead of one big one. There’s much to love. The poutine – chips, cheese curds and thick gravy on top – is a hearty snack in its own right. Its typical of the salty, meaty satisfaction you get at Bread Meats Bread. The setup works, too – a buzzing little corner unit on St Vincent and Renfield, all grey metal, brickwork and glass, and a fast-food combo of window seats, shared benches and tables for two. A canny meeting of snazzy and swift.
- High point: Great value, great quality in a burger-heavy area
- Low point: Often involves queuing for a table
- Notable dish: Mustard-fried Cali burger with secret sauce
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Halal options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: The buzz of people drowns it out!
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7