Blair Athol Distillery
Half a mile from Pitlochry town centre lies the Blair Athol distillery, one of the oldest still operating in Scotland. Originally constructed in 1798, it was acquired by Arthur Bell & Sons in 1933 although it remained unused for years, until it was rebuilt in the period immediately following the Second World War. Production was expanded in the seventies and a visitor centre, which continues to attract around 30,000 people each year, was added in 1987. The spicy, fruity whisky produced here is found at the heart of the Bell’s blend, but it also finds its way to the bottle as a 12-year-old single malt as well as a variety of more nuanced, limited-edition expressions.