This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 353 1698
- Opening times Mon & Wed & Sun noon–1am; Tue & Thu–Sat noon–4am
- Food served Mon–Thu 11am–1am; Fri/Sat 11am–4am; Sun noon–1am
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.nyslice.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
Rather easy to overlook amid Sauchiehall Street's nightlife, NY Slice offers New York style 'pies' that are among the best pizzas in town. Born of the owner's experience of an old pizza place in Greenwich Village, there's a dedication at this informal diner to authentically replicating that unique NY style via matured dough, made and spun in house, then stone-baked to create an enticingly crispy yet chewy and foldable base. Fresh ingredients, from hand-crushed tomatoes and in-house marinaded meats to fresh-cut pineapple and garlic, create pizzas that are a real pleasure, vibrant with flavours rarely found on similar offerings. Ranging in size from grab-and-go slices to full 18-inchers, pizzas also come in square Sicilian deep-pan style with a lighter, fluffier base. Buffalo wings, pasta dishes, subs and enjoyable garlic knots that come with a meaty sauce for dipping bolster the menu. The smart tile-and-brick style interior includes a handful of tables, or use the delivery service covering G1–G5, and beyond by arrangement.
- High point: Pizza pie flying high
- Low point: Smack bang in Sauchiehall's nightlife epicentre
- Notable dish: Fat Sam's grand slam
- Delivery: G1–G5 £1.50–£2; further by arrangement
- Capacity: 20
- Open since: 2013