This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 226 1064
- Opening times Mon–Fri 10am–5pm. Closed Sat & Sun. Closed Sat/Sun.
- Seasonal times May open longer during Dec/Fringe
- Food served Mon–Fri 10am–5pm.
- Average price £8 (soup and sandwich)
- Website www.thesignetlibrary.co.uk/gran-caffe
Case notes and legislation literature pack the shelves of the Georgian Signet Library, and tables from 1815 await their culinary offerings. Its position beside the courts means lunchtime clientele are mainly of the legal profession, although other local workers and locals in the know are also to be found here. It is advisable to book for lunch, where the menu is short but classy and staff are helpful and accommodating. A soup and scone or ciabatta at £8 is expensive for the area, but the quality and exquisite surroundings make it worth it. Gluten-free breads and cakes are always available, and join a menu of homemade soup, bread and seafood platters and a bountiful choice of scones, brownies and macaroons, which are Gran Caffé's crowning glory.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2013