- Telephone 0131 557 5005
- Bar open Sun–Thu 4.30pm–midnight; Fri/Sat 4pm–1am.
- Food served Sun–Thu 4.30–11pm; Fri/Sat 4pm–11pm.
- Website www.getpickled.co.uk
Cosy, affordable wine and cheese bar nestled at the end of Broughton St
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Tucked away in a basement at the bottom of Broughton St, Pickles has been quietly chugging along for the past three years, prized among the city's in-the-know noshers. Offerings consist of mix and match platters of cheeses, meats, and breads; a sizeable list of pâtés, pickles, chutneys and relishes; and a decent, affordable wine list. Preserves are sourced from Fenton Barns in East Lothian, and are precisely arranged alongside bottles of wine on neat shelves behind and around the bar, creating an intimate, cosy space that hums with lively chatter and seems to glow from each nook and cranny. You'll feel very at home. Note: no reservations, except for private bookings.
- High point: The ambience, and the pâté (you get to take the jar home if you don't finish)
- Low point: House wine
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 20-30 inside (12 outside)
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £15 per bottle