The Tower Gastro Pub
- Telephone 01764 650050
- Bar open Mon–Wed 11am–11pm; Thu–Sat 11am–12.30am; Sun 11am–midnight
- Food served Sun–Thu 11am–9pm; Fri/Sat 11am–9.30pm
- Average price £10 (lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Website www.thetowercrieff.com
This first venture for Bob and Annie Anderson is housed in an impressive former hotel, now with self-catering apartments upstairs, and separate bar and lounge on the ground floor. Both rooms are pleasantly appointed with wood floors and furnishings, with the owners' clear sense of humour displayed in quotes dotted around. The bar area offers a more casual experience, fitting for a drink or light bite from the tapas or bar bites menu. Utilising local produce – veg from The Handy Shop next door, meat from Comrie's butcher , fish from Perth's George Campbell – the menu offers a range of family-friendly dishes, all diligently prepared, from light lunches of sandwiches, soup or salads to pizzas, grills – including a succulent chicken paillard with a vibrant herby, citrus hit – and pub classics such as fish and chips, and steak and ale pie. The enjoyable burger comes towering on a board, with perfect hand-cut, skin-on chips. They also have one of the best beer gardens in the area, with children's play area, chicken coup and veg allotment.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixed pop
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.