The Lucky Liquor Co
Casual cocktail bar specialising in seasonal, innovative concoctions.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Forget the superstition – as all adherents to the cult of the cocktail know, 13 is the luckiest number especially when it refers to the lucky #13 at Lucky Liquor. 13 cocktails on the list, 13 bottles on the back bar, and a new list every quarter. Keeping it tight means creative, classy choices. There’s also an element of chance – if you request your off-list favourite and they have the ingredients in, fine; if they don’t, then you’ll have had yer chips. (Fear not though, there’s a compact wine list, the usual mixers plus a range of bottled beers and two on the tap – you won’t go thirsty.) Some elements of the mix are homemade, like their liqueurs, many of which are available on off-sale to take home and try your hand at knocking up a lucky #13 of your own. (But drink responsibly folks.)
- High point: Original, innovative cocktails and a pool table!
- Low point: Lack of bar seating
- Notable dish: A clarified horchata that looks like a glass of chardonnay
- Private dining: Up to 25 covers
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: An eclectic vinyl collection
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14 per bottle