- Telephone 0131 556 8201
- Seasonal times Open later Christmas, Hogmanay and Edinburgh Festival
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–10pm.
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website jeremiahstaproom.co.uk
Craft beer bonanza in a relaxed setting makes this smart boozer well worth a visit.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
As the craft beer revolution has gathered pace, so has this pub’s inventiveness in helping you enjoy it. Not content with serving three or four cask beers and over half a dozen kegs, they now offer their draughts in two-pint cartons to take away, plus over 40 varieties of cans and bottles in a brightly lit (and wisely locked) chiller cabinet. There’s an American diner feel to the menu with a wide range of burgers and smoked bratwurst hot dogs vying for your attention, all served with skinny fries.The Simon Howie-supplied beef patties can be swapped out for chicken breast or veggie burger, though meat-avoiders may struggle to see past the mac and cheese, breaded and served in a brioche bun. There’s a modest wine list, an above-average cocktail list and it’s kid and dog-friendly too.
- High point: Astonishingly wide choice of beers
- Low point: Calorie-counters may struggle with the menu
- Notable dish: Mac Attack burger
- Delivery: £1.50 to £2.50 via Deliveroo
- Private dining: 20 sitting, 30 standing
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Open mic Wed 8pm–midnight. Pub quiz Sun 8pm–midnight.
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 20 sitting, 30 standing
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Christmas Tasting Party
A chance to sample festive treats from various local food producers.
Edinburgh 'Like A Book Group, But With Films' Group
Hello film fans / buffs / geeks and all stages inbetween! This is a group for those of us who enjoy a bit of discussion and socialising based around the silver screen - I know there are quite a few film groups around already though, so the focus here is on a broader spectrum of films rather than just whatever's…
Thu 15 Dec
Prices to be confirmed / 0131 556 8201
To the Boxset - Hypernormalisation
The Edinburgh Walking & Socialising Group
We are a popular and well-established walking group based in Edinburgh, Scotland. We offer walks, for groups of up to twenty people, which mostly: • are accessible by public transport, normally by bus rides of no more than an hour from the centre of Edinburgh • start after 10 a.m. or later • are dog-friendly…